The great epochs of our lives occur when we gain the courage to rechristen what is evil in us as what is best. -Friedrich Nietzsche (1844–1900), German philosopher, classical scholar, critic of culture.
That quote was just for fun, it doesn't really pertain to what I am writing about but it gives everyone an opportunity to do interesting things.
I offered almost everyone, except my brother, a trade offer or maybe even two and right now I would formally like to thank some of them for declining.
Thank you Ginger Balls. Instead of accepting my offer to give DeSean Jackson who scored 22.07 in exchange for Vincent Jackson who at this point has scored 0, you held out. Your FEMA-esque timing paid me big dividends.
I tried to trade Winslow (10.7 as of right now) to UPAR for Santonio Holmes (1.9) but then I had to cancel the trade. Because Winslow's stock is now up. UPAR you waited until the levees busted. Sorry pal.
These are the only ones that I still have a record of at this point. I'm sure there are some trades that I would have benefit from but I can assure you most of them would have been to my detriment.
Please don't give me the "I have to dance with the people who brought me to the prom" excuse, it is only the first week. Most of you didn't even pick your teams, you let Yahoo! do it so it isn't as if there is some attachment there. If the prom is the playoffs then some of you aren't going to get invited with the squads that you have.
I appreciate you guys turning back my Wal-Mart cargo trucks full of talented players. Don't worry guys, I'm sure by the time that playoffs roll around (after the trade deadline) some of you will be willing to take a half-assed chance on a player who has been on the field for three months.
Thanks again,
The Commish
To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled -- because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment