Tuesday, November 25, 2008

O Danny Boy...

Oh Danny Boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountainside.
The summer's gone, and all the roses (are) falling.
'Tis you,'tis you must go and I must bide.

It is with great sadness that I announce the death of the Hiland Correctional League. There were zero trades this year and I made several offers. I even tried to trade away Drew Brees before he went on a historic tear (but was still playing out of his mind). I would have still traded him off if I was given anything close to an even deal. But I compared him to Obama in my first post and it rings true today.

You guys at 4-7 have nothing to lose, I just don't understand the hesitancy in a free league. The UPAR have lost the first 7 games in a row. Think you might need a change or are you taking the Matt Millen approach? And if you don't want to play or try, I understand, but don't take up league space from someone who wants in.

I haven't made a move since Oct. 24th but I haven't needed to. I didn't pick some miracle team, I got lucky by picking Brees after Gore, Portis, and Welker. He went 31st overall so everyone had to pass on him three times (he went first in the fourth).

Despite being the worst team in the league, Arpaio's Posse has made zero moves. I just don't know why someone would join in the first place.

This used to be fun and now I don't even bother to watch pro football.

On the plus side, death is one of the few things that can be done just as easily lying down. - Woody Allen

No comments: